2013 - Corporate Bonuses, Terms & Conditions - Hawaii Car Rentals
RENT A CAR HAWAII
INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE 1 (12/19/2012)
DOLLAR RENT A CAR HAWAII
I. RENTER’S QUALIFICATIONS
A. Valid driver’s license in own name (required by law).
Foreign renters must have their country’s valid license. International license
alone is not acceptable.
B. Major credit card in driver’s name:
American Express VISA JCB Diner’s Club MasterCard Discover
(Note: Debit or Check Card will be accepted at time of vehicle pickup if renter presents roundtrip airline/cruise ticket or proof of same. If no roundtrip ticket or proof of same available, Debit/Check Card will only be accepted upon return of vehicle. In all cases, Renter will be subject to a credit inquiry, which may affect renter’s credit evaluation. Company debit card must have renter’s name or signature on card.)
C. Prepaid Cards, as form of payment, are only acceptable upon vehicle return.
D. Dollar vehicles may not be used for off-road use; camping is prohibited if renter is paying direct and leaving cash deposit.
E. For Billing Account Customers: A cash deposit (no personal or company checks) is acceptable in lieu of a major credit card, provided customer is cash qualified within certain restrictions (see cash qualifications). At Dollar hotel desk locations on the neighbor islands, only credit/debit cards are acceptable.
For Retail Account Customers: A cash deposit is NOT an option. Only credit card and/or debit card are acceptable (refer to item B above). Cash allowed only for payment at end of rental, except at hotel desk locations where only credit/debit card payments are accepted
F. Age Qualifications for vehicle categories:
Renters 25 years old and above:
1. Must have a major credit card/or a minimum cash deposit.
2. Unrestricted on car class.
Renters 21-24 years old:
1. Must have a major credit card/or a minimum cash deposit.
2. Able to rent all car categories.
3. Renters will be subject to a fee of $27.00 plus tax, daily, per person.
G. There is no maximum age restriction for licensed drivers. ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 2
I. RENTER’S QUALIFICATIONS - Cont’d
H. Military Personnel
1. Cash rental - 21 years of age and rank of E-5 or above.
2. Credit card - 21 to 25 years of age, no specialty vehicles.
3. Young driver fee (21-24 years) - $27.00 plus tax, daily, per person.
(unless booked as an official government reservation).
I. Walk-Up Rentals
1. Must have a major credit card/NO CASH DEPOSITS
2. Renters under the age of 25 (21-24 years old) are subject to a Young Driver fee of $27.00 plus tax, daily, per person.
II. APPLICABLE HAWAII STATE TAX / SURCHARGE / FEES*
A. Hawaii State General Excise Tax
- Oahu: 4.712%
- Maui, Kauai, Hawaii and Lanai: 4.166%
B. Hawaii State Vehicle Rental (Highway) Surcharge: $3.00 per rental day or any portion thereof.
C. Vehicle Licensing & Registration Fee: from $0.24 - $1.09 per rental day (depending on type of vehicle/location)
D. Airport Concession Recovery Fee –
11.11% for Honolulu (HNL), Kahului (OGG), Lihue (LIH), Kona (KOA), Hilo (ITO)
E. Customer Facility Charge: $4.50 per rental day or any portion thereof.
* All information subject to change without notice.
III. CASH QUALIFICATIONS (for Billing Account Customers only)
Note: For Retail Customers, a cash deposit is NOT an option.
1. Renter must meet age requirements.
2. Renter must present round trip airline ticket (or a current itinerary for an E-ticket) with the following information imprinted on the ticket:
a. Renter’s name.
b. Flight number.
c. Date of flight (must coincide with return date of car).
d. Destination information (originating/arriving cities).
3. If the renter is not a U.S., Canadian or Mexican citizen, renter must have a valid passport and a valid country driver’s license*. We must be able to read the following on the license:
a. Renter’s name.
b. Date of birth.
c. Expiration date of driver’s license.
d. Driver’s license number.
*If the renter has an International Driver’s License, it must be accompanied by a valid foreign country driver’s license.
4. Renter must have a valid local contact and verification is MANDATORY as follows:
a. Show hotel voucher
b. Advise hotel name - call will be made to hotel.
c. Private residence - call will be made to verify (someone must be home to receive call).
5. Leave security cash deposit (refer to Cash Deposit).
6. Management approval required for every rental.
7. Campers do not qualify for cash rentals. ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 3
III. CASH QUALIFICATIONS - Cont’d
B. Cash Deposit (cash or traveler’s checks)
$50.00 minimum deposit or ESTIMATED INCREMENTAL CHARGES, plus $50.00.
IV. OPTIONAL COVERAGE (ACCIDENT PROTECTION PLAN / TRAVEL EMERGENCIES)
A. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) - $26.99, daily (Economy, Compact, Midsize, Fullsize)
- $27.99, daily (Convertible, Wrangler, Minivan, SUV, Luxury and Specialty)
B. Personal Protection Plan (PPP) - $6.99, daily - all car classes.
C. Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) - $13.99 daily
D. Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) - $6.95 daily
E. RoadSafe – $5.99, daily (purchase option offered at time of rental; covers accident towing, lockout, flat tire and fuel and battery services).
F. Emergency Sickness Protection (ESP) – available to all non-U.S. citizens with
valid non-US passport - $5.00 daily
V. OVERTIME CHARGES
A. Each rental day is a 24-hour period (no grace period).
After 24 hours, overtime charges apply, not to exceed the daily rate.
1. All car categories – 1/3 of the daily rate, per hour or fraction thereof.
2. Optional coverage (LDW, PPP, SLI & UMP) and surcharges - full daily rate applies for any portion of overtime.
VI. ADDITIONAL DRIVER POLICY
A. Maximum additional drivers are four (4) per rental contract.
B. Fee of $12.00 plus tax, daily, per person for each add’l driver.
C. Additional drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
D. Additional drivers under the age of 25 are subject to an additional charge of $27.00 plus tax, daily, per person.
VII. PIER PICKUPS (FOR CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS)
A. Oahu – Honolulu Harbor
1. Pre-book HNLC04 (Waikiki) and make a note in reservation for
2. Upon docking at pier, passenger should call for shuttle pickup:
Ph (808) 952-4264 (allow approx ½ hour for pickup)
3. If vehicle is returned at Honolulu Intl Airport location, drop charge will apply.
B. Maui - Kahului Harbor
1. Pre-book OGG and make a note in reservation for "pier pickup"
2. Upon docking at pier, shuttle bus will be waiting from 8 am for pier pickups. If after 11 am on 1st day or for next day rentals, passenger should call for shuttle pickup: Ph (808) 877-2732 (allow approx ½ hour for pickup).
C. Maui - Lahaina Harbor
1. Pre-book JHM and make a note in reservation for "pier pickup"
2. Upon docking at pier, passenger should call for shuttle pickup: Ph (808) 667-2651 (allow approx ½ hour for pickup).
3. Shuttle service from JHM to Lahaina pier available 8 am to 4 pm. ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 4
VII. PIER PICKUPS (FOR CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS) – Cont’d
Kauai – Nawiliwili Harbor
1. Pre-book LIH and make a note in reservation for "pier pickup"
2. Upon disembarking at pier, board Dollar shuttle. If after 10 am, call for shuttle pickup: Ph (808) 245-3652 (allow approx ½ hour for pickup).
E. Kona – Kailua-Kona Pier
1. Pre-book KOAN02 at least 48 hours in advance of pick up and make a note in reservation for "pier pickup". Note: only Midsize or higher categories available.
2. Upon disembarking at pier, proceed to the King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Resort and to the Dollar desk in the lobby to pick up pre-booked rental vehicle.
3. An off-airport site fee will be assessed for pickup at this location.
4. If vehicle is returned at Kona airport location, the drop fee will apply.
F. Hilo – Hilo Harbor
1. Pre-book ITO and make a note in reservation for "pier pickup"
2. Upon disembarking at the pier, board the Dollar shuttle bus; if shuttle not readily available, call for pickup: Ph (808) 961-2101.
VIII. DROP CHARGES
1. Honolulu Airport to Waikiki (or reverse) $40.00 (Note: also applies to cruise ship p/u at Waikiki w/return at HNL)
Updated! B. Maui
1. Kahului to Kaanapali $ 40.00
2. Kaanapali to Kahului $ 60.00
3. Kahului to Maui Coast $ 40.00
4. Maui Coast to Kahului $ 50.00
5. Maui Coast to Kaanapali (or reverse) $ 50.00
1. Lihue to Sheraton/Poipu (or reverse) $ 50.00
1. Hilo Airport to Kona Airport $ 85.00
2. Kona Airport to Hilo Airport $ 65.00
3. Kona Airport to King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Resort $ 35.00
4. The Fairmont Orchid to Kona/Hilo Airport and other $ 75.00
Dollar locations (or reverse)
5. King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Resort to Kona Airport $ 50.00
6. King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Resort to Hilo Airport $ 75.00
1. One way drop off airport $ 10.00
2. One way unauthorized drop off airport $ 20.00
3. Manele Harbor to base yard $ 10.00
4. One way drop off Manele Harbor $ 20.00
5. One way unauthorized drop off Manele Harbor $ 40.00
Note: Cars left at airport without authorization will be subject to a $200.00 charge (with the exception of Lanai-see above). Renter will be responsible for any citations issued and for tow charges. ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 5
IX. CHILD SAFETY SEATS / SEAT BELTS
A. Hawaii State Law requires that a child under four (4) years of age (up to about 40 lbs.) is properly restrained in a child safety seat. (Customer responsible for securing child passenger in child safety seat in rental vehicle.)
B. Hawaii State Law also requires that all passengers between the ages of
four (4) and seventeen (17) are properly restrained by a seat belt .
Children 4 years through 7 years must be in a booster seat or child restraint. However, children of this age who are taller than 4’9" or heavier than 40 pounds may be seated in rear seats with a lap/shoulder or lap belt.
C. Child safety seat available, on advance request, for $12.00 plus tax, daily. (This daily charge will be capped at $72.00.)
D. Child seat should be requested at time of booking advance reservation.
X. HAND CONTROLS (INCLUDING STEERING WHEEL SPINNER KNOBS)
Dollar will provide and install hand controls upon the request of any renter with a disability who can operate a motor vehicle with the aid of hand controls, subject to availability of vehicle and staff for installation.
A. Request for hand controls must be called in at least 24 hours prior to arrival to Dollar’s Hawaii Reservations Center. When calling please advise Reservation personnel of rental information along with placement of hand controls, right or left side of steering. Ask customer; do not guess.
The Hawaii Reservations Center
- (808) 944-1544 (on Oahu)
- (800) 342-7398 (from Neighbor Islands to Oahu)
- (800) 367-7006 (from Mainland to Oahu); OR
B. Modify or cancel a reservation with hand control.
To modify or cancel a reservation with hand controls, please call Hawaii Reservation at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
C. Hand controls can only be installed in specific vehicle makes / models.
XI. JEEP WRANGLER TOP REMOVAL
The Jeep Wrangler top/windows are removable. If renter elects to remove and/or lower any windows or the top, renter is responsible for reinstalling same prior to return of the vehicle or will be charged $50.00.
XII. GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM (GPS)
The GPS unit is available for rent at time of car pickup –
- $12.95, daily –Oahu, Big Island, Maui, Kauai – includes an audio tour of island.
XIII. SURF RACKS
Surf racks are available for purchase at our rental counters - $35.00 + tax.
Customers are only responsible for gas used and must provide a refueling receipt at time of return. Refueling receipt must be from date of car return and within 10 miles of the return location.
Customers who take the PREPAID FUEL OPTION may return the vehicle at any fuel level and do not need a refueling receipt. No pro-ration / refunds allowed. ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 6
XV. COURTESY SHUTTLE SERVICE
1. Waikiki hotels to our 2002 Kalakaua Avenue rental station:
7:30 am to 7:45 pm only – call 808-952-4264.
2. Kahala Hotel only – to/from 2002 Kalakaua Avenue location (renter must call 1 hour prior to confirm pickup):
Pickups: 830a, 930a, 1030a, 430p, 530p, 630p
Returns: 800a, 900a, 1000a, 400p, 500p, 600p
1. Lahaina to Kapalua hotels and condominiums to our West Maui rental station. Prior arrangements should be made directly with the rental station – to set up a shuttle pickup time, phone 808-667-2651.
2. Kahului Airport to/from Maui Beach and Maui Seaside Hotels. Daily service available between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. One hour advance reservation required. For pickup, call 808-877-2732, ext 0. For same-day reservations, call 808-877-2732 for rates and availability.
1. Hotels along the Coconut Coast up to the Hotel Coral Reef in Kapaa to our Lihue rental location; shuttle pickups at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm; 2 hours advance reservations required – ph 808-245-3652
2. Hotels/Condos in the Lihue area, including the Kauai Marriott and Banyan Harbor, to our Lihue rental location, shuttle pickups at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm;
2 hours advance reservations required – ph 808-245-3652
1. Hilo - anywhere in Hilo town to our Hilo airport location: 6:00 am to
8:30 p.m; 2 hours advance reservations required- call direct 808-961-2101.
2. Kona - Fairmont Orchid rental station (w/24 hrs advance request/notification) to/from:
- Mauna Kea Resort/area – on request; call direct 808-885-0706
Pickup 9:00a and 3:00p
Drop off 8:20a and 2:30p (times renter must be at Fairmont to catch shuttle)
- Hapuna Prince Resort/area – on request; call direct 808-885-0706
Pickup 9:15a and 3:15p
Drop off 8:30a and 2:30p (times renter must be at Fairmont to catch shuttle)
- Hilton Resort/area - on request; call direct 808-885-0706 Pickup 9:30a and 3:30p
Drop off 9:00a and 3:00p (times renter must be at Fairmont to catch shuttle)
-Marriott Resort/area– on request; call direct 808-885-0706
Pickup 9:35a and 3:35p
Drop off 9:00a and 3:00p (times renter must be at Fairmont to catch shuttle)
4. King Kamehameha Hotel rental station: only one pickup/drop off at 10:00a; 24 hours advance notice and confirmed reservation required. Call direct 808-329-3162.
XVI. ARRIVALS INTO JHM AFTER 5:00 PM
Our hours of operation at Kaanapali is 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. If customers are aware, in advance, that their flight is arriving into JHM at or after 5:00 pm, please notify our Kaanapali location by calling direct, prior to boarding flight to JHM:
If before 5 pm: (808) 667-2651
If after 5 pm: (808) 661-7187
Dollar-Kaanapali will wait for late arrivals providing:
1. Customer already has a confirmed car reservation with Dollar.
2. Customer has a confirmed flight with eta after 5:00 pm
3. Customer calls JHM prior to boarding flight to JHM ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 7
XVII. SMOKE-FREE FLEET
Dollar’s fleet is now 100% smoke-free so renters always have a smoke-free vehicle. Non- compliance with this policy may result in up to a $250 charge to cover the special cleaning required to remove all traces of tobacco residue/smoky odor from the vehicle’s interior.
XVIII. CANCELLATION POLICY
A. FIT (Individual reservation)
1. No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to rental date.
B. Groups (10 or more vehicles)
1. No charge for cancellations made at least two weeks prior to rental date.
XIX. RESERVATION INFORMATION
A. Telephone and Fax Numbers
1. From Oahu (808) 944-1544 Fax (808) 973-3766
2. From Neighbor Islands (800) 342-7398 Fax (808) 973-3766
3. From U.S. Mainland (800) 367-7006 Fax (808) 973-3766
B. Hours of Operation
1. Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm (HST)
2. Saturday 8:00 am to 2:30 pm (HST)
3. Sunday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (HST)
4. Holidays 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (HST)
C. Japanese Answering Service (for Japanese-speaking customers)
Daily - 24 hours (808) 922-1877
Toll-free from Neighbor Islands (800) 394-2246
XX. TRAVEL INDUSTRY DISCOUNT
Travel Industry Discount available as follows:
1. During non-peak periods
2. Advanced reservation needed
3. Pay direct
4. Vouchers, prepaid coupons, other discounts do not apply.
XXI. RENTAL LOCATIONS/HOURS OF OPERATION
1. Honolulu International Airport 4:30 am to 12:00 midnight
2. Kalakaua Service Center 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
(2002 Kalakaua Avenue)
3. Pacific Beach Hotel - Lobby 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
(2490 Kalakaua Avenue)
4. Hale Koa Hotel 7:00 am to 1:00 pm
(2055 Kalia Drive)
1. Kahului Service Center 5:00 am to 12:00 Midnight
(946 Mokuea Street)
2. Kaanapali Service Center 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
(20-C Halawai Drive)
3. Maui Coast Resort – Lobby 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
(2259 So, Kihei Road) ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE (12/19/12) Page 8
XXI. RENTAL LOCATIONS/HOURS OF OPERATION - Cont’d
1. Lihue Service Center 5:00 am to 11:00 pm
(3273 Hoolimalima Place)
2. Sheraton Kauai Desk 8:00 am to 12:00 am
(2440 Hoonani Road/Koloa)
D. Hawaii (The Big Island)
1. Kona Service Center 5:15 am to 10:30 pm
(73-200 Kupipi Street/Kailua-Kona)
2. King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel 8:00 am to 12:00 noon
(75-5660 Palani Road/Kailua-Kona)
3. The Fairmont Orchid - Lobby 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
(One North Kaniku Drive/Kohala Coast)
4. Hilo International Airport 6:00 am to 9:30 pm
1. Lanai Service Center 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
DOLLAR - ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Home | About | Cars | Contact | Daily-Weekly Rates | Ethics | FAQ | Monthly Rates | Locations | Policies | Privacy | Sitemap | Testimonials
© Copyright Hawaii Car Rentals - All Rights Reserved